Wednesday, June 23, 2010

It's a lemonade kind of day

Since my friend Kristin is a major slacker on posting, I thought I would post for her...and I would like to rant about something that is very annoying to me.

I live in NYC a lot of things are annoying to me. Let me start...I love lemonade, as a child I had lemonade stands (but in my neighbor’s yard because they got more traffic). Let’s be honest, I grew up on a cul-de-sac.
I love to see kids out selling the cold delicious bev for approx 10 cents. It's adorb and in my nerdy-ness I like that these kids are learning the value of a dollar. I do however wonder if their parents are as annoying as mine and make them pay the parents back for the cups and "borrowing" the pitcher...now that it just LAME and I will not do that to my kids (but at this point in my life, I may never have kids...so I really shouldn’t stress about that yet).

So…all is well and I adore lemonade stands UNTIL I SEE THEM IN NYC. Ughhhh how annoying, get off the sidewalk, get out of my way and are they seriously selling a cup for 75 cents?!?! Listen parents, if you have kids in NYC good luck, but please please understand that their life will not be normal and they will NOT be able to sell lemonade on your yard. You have no yard, that sidewalk is MINE and I am trying to get somewhere and fast. Your child is in the way.

Not to mention, I know why you let your kid roam free and sell lemonade for 75 cents…it’s because you don’t care. You’re too busy shopping (and I would be too if I had your money). How do I know? Because it’s pretty obvious that the stark white babies don’t have a foreign mother and that’s the only supervision I see around. That said…your nannies hate NYC lemonade stands too!






No comments:

Post a Comment