Thursday, June 24, 2010

sand, sun, and fun

As my friend Marjorie pointed out yesterday, I've been "slacking" on my blog lately. Not intentionally, but because of a long awaited trip to Miami to celebrate for my friend Sarah's bachelorette party! We arrived on Thursday afternoon and were on the beach within minutes. We literally didn't even go up to our hotel rooms to check-in; but changed bathing suits in the lobby bathroom and went straight to the white sand and clear blue beach! There is something about a beach that is just so relaxing and I immediately slipped into "vacation mode". The feeling you get when you're in a new city and don't have a care in the world. The sights and sounds of Miami are like no other city I've ever been to. The constant scurry of tourists mixed with locals, the music coming from every restaurant and bar, the beach attire (including men in speedos), and the delicious food (even if you are harrassed by restaurants to eat it). The weekend was amazing and it was extremely hard to return to work on Monday knowing that I was no longer a block away from palm trees and sandy beaches! {Sigh}....


Happy Thursday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment