Friday, April 9, 2010

and they're off!

Last year was my first trip to the Kentucky Derby! Yes, THE Kentucky Derby- the horse race of all horse races. And for me, it was the fashion show of all fashion shows (remember...I live in the South). My girlfriends and I spent months planning out our outfits very strategically. We bought new dresses; and I even designed two dresses that my Mom actually made for me. We went on countless shopping trips on a hunt for the perfect "derby hat". It's not the easiest thing to find and especially when you need it to coordinate with your outfit; for two separate events.
This was a huge production and I loved every minute of it! And then when we arrived at Churchill Downs, we spent our time admiring (and sometimes questioning) everyone's outfits. Oh and then a little bit of our time admiring the horses too of course =)
atg_23_largeSo next weekend at this time, we will be off to another horse race event called Steeplechase. I couldn't be more excited and I knew that I was back in the same boat as last year when I received the email from my girlfriend asking "now let's talk outfits". My mind is just running through all of the many options for the big event and I couldn't be more excited! I'll keep you updated; but as for now I'm dreaming of these fabulous girls and their horses. So realistic...I know.
ChanelFallWinterCampaignbyKarlLager_largehorses
horses 2
pics via

1 comment:

  1. Oh the Derb! The best memories! We had such a fabulous time looking fabulous!! I wonder what my bright floral sundress would've looked like after the port-a-potty run hahaha

    ReplyDelete