Wednesday, July 14, 2010

2 weeks!!

My birthday is exactly 2 weeks from today!!
I'm very enthusiastic about birthdays and I believe that everyone deserves one filled with the people and the things they love. I also believe that everyone deserves a great birthday party. This might seem a little bit juvenile (considering I'll be 26 this year), but I don't think it will ever get old. Not only is it an excuse to celebrate, but it's reason to be with friends and family (and maybe even to get a few presents). Here are the makings of a fabulous birthday party:

1) Invitations: This year I decided to make my birthday a little bit more official than just an evite; so I picked out cute invitations that I mailed out to everyone! Although they are a little pricier than the whole online invite deal; they are much cuter and much more personable. Plus everyone loves getting something other than bills in their mailbox!

2) Cake: I'm not usually the biggest fan of cakes. I prefer candy and gum over any sort of cakes or pies most days. However, when it comes to birthdays; you almost have to go with a cake! Last year, I had a delicious yellow lemon cake (surprise!), which I loved. Something different and unique...not the typical vanilla or chocolate cake!

3) A Dinner or Get Together: Last week two of my girlfriends celebrated their birthdays. A bunch of us got together and had a fabulous dinner party with wine and cakes for both of them! I love getting together for dinner with friends anyways, but when their is something to celebrate it's even better. Plus you get dessert!!

4) Props/Party Favors: to go along with the birthday party...you always need great props!! I can't say that my birthday last year would have been quite the same without them By this, I mean anything from fun additions to your party such as party hats (or I prefer birthday tiara's), to balloons, to noise makers (or I also prefer microphones for personal singing entertainment) or anything else you might like! But this can also include cute decorations depending on where your party is being held.


5) Party Dress: Having something new always makes you feel better than just pulling out something from the back of the closet. that you've worn several times already. Buy something new for the occasion. It can be a bday present to yourself!

5) Friends & Family: Without your family and friends you wouldn't be where you are today! They are the ones that make any birthday complete and happy =)


Invite them all and just celebrate!

2 comments:

  1. I think I've told you ten times, but I'M SO EXCITED!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could be there; I'm so bummed! Officially coming for birthday brunch and pool the next day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete