Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Watermelon Fizz

Last week I went to a cooking demonstration with my Mom. I was a little intimidated, considering I don't really cook. At all. I do want to learn to cook; but a cooking demonstration didn't seem like the best place to start. We sat in a classroom type setting and got to watch the chef prepare a salad, chicken with marinade and then the drink- Watermelon Fizz!
When I noticed that the Watermelon Fizz only had about 3 ingredients and 2 steps; I was sold. After the demonstration, we got to taste everything that was made and it was even better than I expected. Watermelon is by far my favorite fruit and this makes the best summer-time drink. Might even take this out by the pool on Saturday! With one minor ingredient of course.
Happy Tuesday!

Watermelon Fizz

-5 cups diced watermelon
-1/2 cups Fresh lime juice
-1 1/2 cups Ginger ale soda
-4 lime wedges (for garnish)

1) Puree watermelon and strain, discarding chunks
2) Blend juice with remaining ingredients and serve in a tall glass over ice
3) Enjoy!

Some Watermelon Fizz Drink

1 comment:

  1. oh yes, please! Is that one minor ingredient perhaps vodka? ;)See you on Sat!

    ReplyDelete