Monday, August 16, 2010

Simple but Sweet

Since my cooking skills are seriously lacking, I have to offer somethig up in the kitchen. That usually leaves me being in charge of drinks or something pre-made. Lucky for me I've found some very simple, yet sweet summer drink recipes that even I can make!
I'm a huge fan of mojitos and mimosas; so both of these recipes are very fitting. One includes mint leaves and the other one, champagne- delish!

Cava Sangria
Ingredients:
8 large mint leaves
1 bottle Cava Sparkling Wine (chilled)
3/4 cup white grape juice
1/2 cup fresh strawberries
1/4 cup orange liqueur

Press mints leaves on edges of cup with wooden spoon. Stir in Sparkling wine and next 3 ingredients. Serve over ice.
cava-sangria-sl-l

Champagne Limencello
8 lemon rind strips
8 tablespoons Limencello
4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 bottle Champagne


Roll up each strip of lemon rind. Place 1 into each of 8 Champagne flutes. Add 1 tablespoon liqueur and 1/2 teaspoon juice to each glass. Divide Champagne evenly among glasses.

champagne-limoncello-cocktails-ck-l

No comments:

Post a Comment