Wednesday, March 3, 2010

from gucci to the oscars!


The one (and only) good thing about going to the dentist is the fact that I get to watch Oprah from the dental chair. (Something I never get to do anymore unless it's at 10 PM on the CW channel..or whatever it is). And how lucky was I that I caught the episode with Tom Ford!!!!! I die.

Could he be any more talented? Well apparently, yes. The movie, "The Single Man", directed by Tom Ford and featuring Colin Firth, is up for an Oscar. Yes I said "directed by"...he's now directing films.


He is also in the process of designing a women's collection of his own. Which will be fabulous, there is no doubt about that. And also no doubt, that I won't be able to afford it but still cannot wait for it to launch. And then there are his accomplishments with Gucci/YSL....where do I begin? His racey ad campaigns, his eye for design and style, and so on and so on. And then his own "Tom Ford" line- from menswear to eyewear. It's FAB.

I also found out some little Tom Ford facts, that I thought related to some of you....He grew up in Texas (Patrick), studied at Parson's (Roxy), interned for Chloe in Paris (Kennedy). So who knows what we'll grow up to be, right? He is definitely a fashion icon and more talented than any one man should be! Oh Tom, thank you for being so fabulous!






xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment