Thursday, September 16, 2010

BFD- still years later

Breakfast for Dinner is by far one of my favorite meals! Nothing beats a heaping stack of chocolate chip pancakes, crispy bacon and eggs for dinner. This seems to also be a continuing theme for me; from growing up, to college with my roomates and even now with my girlfriends.
**Warning: If you're not a girly-girl...please stop now.
In college I lived with 2 of my best friends! We basically did everything together from the moment we all moved in. From nights out on the town, to grocery shopping and making dinners together- we did it all. My most fond memory of living together is definitely making Breafast for Dinner together. We'd make chocolate chip pancakes, scarmbled eggs, bacon and of course...mimosa's. Then we'd sit around in our pajama's and watch the movie Elf (don't make fun...it's a really cute movie). It was such a simple thing, but one of the things I miss the most about living together.
Last night my girlfriends (a different group, not from college) and I got together to have a "Girls Night" (something we do often). This time we decided to make it BFD -Breakfast for Dinner Night and had the same menu. Everyone wore their pajama's over to my place and we had a more grown up version of my college days of BFD, but still with all the trimmings. {A few minor additions included the chocolate chip waffle, eggs verde with avocado and black beans, fruit salad and turkey bacon}.
tumblr_l8rhf20fvU1qc4k6ho1_400_large
tumblr_l8j4ouvcvp1qdcio8o1_400_large
Happy Thursday!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO jealous!!! Miss you tons, can't wait to do BFD soon!!

    ReplyDelete