Wednesday, September 8, 2010

it's here!

NY Fashion week is here- which means runway shows and lots of fabulous fashion that I can't wait to get my eyes on. Although there is no comparison when it comes to the more seasoned designers, I can't wait to explore the designs of the younger, up-and-coming designers. (I'm the same way about music. I love all types, but I've found some of my favorite music from young, new artists. They are less played out, and it's exciting to feel like you've found a hidden gem!)
When I worked in Atlanta, and traveled to Coterie in NYC; my favorite thing to do was to explore the bottom floor of the piers, looking at the new designers. I always felt like they had such a different mindset about setting themselves apart from the rest of the market. And I loved that they were as "fresh" to the fashion industry as I felt at the time.
Happy Fashion Week!!

1 comment: