Friday, September 17, 2010

Fall in Paris

4917295657_3a4f717163_b2

One of my best friends is headed to Paris with her husband in a few weeks. I'm dying to sneak into her suitcase, but I don't know how thrilled they'd actually be about me tagging along. She's been asking for things to do and places to go and see and although it's been a few years now since I've been, I gave her a few suggestions to get her started. {She said they could be touristy, so dont judge that I'm not giving her a local's point of view. Although she would greatly appreciate that too}. Here is what I think she should do while they're in the best city ever! All other recommendations are welcome.

1) Take a picnic to the Luxembourg Gardens and people watch/relax: We did this several times while I was in Paris and it ended up being one of my favorite Sunday afternoon pass times. We'd take a blanket and grab a cheap bottle of wine from a local wine shop, glasses (which were usually just coffee mugs b/c that's all we had at our flat) and just sit and chat and people watch all afternoon

CIMG0468
CIMG0472
(told you...serious people watching on the weekends! I actually took this while we were there)

2) Take a river boat tour on the Siene River: We got lucky the year that I went to Paris because not only was it during Bastille Day but it was the summer that they were announcing where the next Olympics would be held, and Paris was in the running. We took a river boat dinner cruise down the Siene River on Bastille Day, and because of the ordeal with the Olympics, they shot fireworks off of the Eifel Tower. Amazing!

00000127

3) Visit Versailles: It's just a short trip outside of Paris and it's beautiful. You could also take a picnic with you and sit on the huge lawn there. You have to go inside and see how it's decorated. Talk about vintage =)

4) Eiffel Tower: I know this is complete obvious one; but it has to be on the list. I recommend going at night to see the lights that sparkle. It's amazing.

5) The Louvre: I told her not to get overwhelmed, but that she should definitely go to the Louvre at some point. It's so big inside that I don't think anyone could see the whole thing in 1 day {maybe even not in 2 days}. You may get lost inside, but it's beautiful and you have to see the Mona Lisa, and paintings by Monet. **While she's there she can also go nearby and see Notre Dame Cathedral.

CIMG0390

00000133

6) Champs Elysees: Great nightlife, shopping and restaurants. {Also very touristy, but a must-see}

CIMG0369

pics via muah. All other suggestions should be referenced through one of my favorite blogs, French Essence.

3 comments:

  1. Ah! Lovely Suggestions! I was only in Paris for two days, but if I could go back, I would hope to put away a few hours to go thrifting/at least look at the antique shops there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, that's definitely something she needs to do! The Paris Flea Market was also a lot of fun. Not in the nicest part of town, but really fun. The antique/vintage shops are amazing and you can find so many great things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin! How amazing was that summer?! You just brought back sooooooo many memories!!! I day dream all the time about going back! Hopefully some day soon!

    xoxox Tiffany

    delightfully-chic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete