Wednesday, February 17, 2010

"Old is the new New" - everything Vintage

Old is definitely the new New!
From antique furniture and home decor, vintage clothing, and even Oldies music. I love the "old" stuff.
From the smell and the look, to the feeling of having something rare and unique- it's great to find something vintage or an antique that you love!
I recently found the cutest store in Charlotte called "Sleepy Poet" and it's to die for. The first time I went there, I spent over 2 hours just wandering thru room after room of antiques. From furniture and lamps, to vintage dresses and shoes. You could go into that store everyday for a month and still not see everything. Like my mother would say, "someone's trash is another one's treasure"- and I guess that's how you could describe my love for "old" stuff. I think this is partly the reason that it took me about 6 months to finally pick out a new couch for our apartment. I have such a hard time going into the chain furniture stores and choosing from mass quantity items. And even if that's all I can afford....I atleast like for it to look like it's an antique. And that's okay too!

Here are some antique loves!!


i love the look of black and white photographs. they make pictures look vintage but mysterious at the same time.

i found this picture and thought it was so cute! love the vintage wedding dress and hat


yes antiques actually can be colorful! love these gold and yellow chairs and the coffee table






of course I have to mention my love for designer vintage...ecspecially Chanel!!! please please pleaseeee. If this purse ended up in my closet when I got home from work...I would not be mad.


Vogue Paris September 1965



Love the feel and smell of old books!





Happy Shopping for the "old" stuff! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. k! Mom and I went on a vintage shopping spree yesterday...I die. I will share my vintage finds with you soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yess please!!! I can't wait to see what you found. I love it b/c it's not like shopping thru racks of the same stuff. YOu actually get to "find" stuff. loveee

    ReplyDelete