Thursday, February 18, 2010

re-evaluation

You know that moment when for whatever reason, something makes you start to re-evaluate the way your living or your life as you know it? A life that you felt was great and for the most part you had no regrets about. Well for me...that moment is definitely right now.

I just got off the phone with my brother who proceeds to tell me that he is off to Hawaii on Sunday for the next week. My brother who is also 3 years younger than me and just started working last year!! My younger brother who already went to University of Hawaii for his Freshmen year of college. (wow did I set the bar low) If you sense some jealousy it's because I totally am. Luckily I asked him to pick me up a genuine Hawaiian coconut as a souvenir. So I'm pretty excited about that and it should make up for the fact that I'll be in my cubicle for the next week while he's on the beach. haha, sure.
My jealousy which is really just disappointment in myself for not having any vacations in my planner for this year; also helped me realize how great friends truly are! My bff Roxy gave me a good laugh about life after my convo with my brother. So I'm happy now! And have decided that working on a remote island under a tiki hut wouldn't be a bad idea.
But more than anything; this is really a great thing because now more than ever I realize that like Ziggy Marley's song- you've got to "live it up live it up, don't give it up". And luckily I have a brother that helps teach me these things! Somehow I've gotten so caught up in the redundant life of 3 day weekends adding up to what I like to call a "vacation".
In the meantime I'll be day dreaming about my brothers whirlwind vacay! How fab it will be...I can only imagine. Have fun and Happy Birthday Matt!!! (You should have been the first born)
XOXO, p.s. Can't wait for my coconut
probably what Matt will be looking at come Sunday afternoon!

oh how lovely it will be...


maybe he can take a nice boat ride after searching the island for my fresh Hawaiian coconut!
oh the fab life. where shall I go???

No comments:

Post a Comment